“The year is drawing to a close. What would you put in a 2012 time capsule?”
1. A dance bag with ballet, jazz and hip hop shoes and gear. This is the year my daughter (12) became super serious about dance, and our lives now revolve around her practice schedule.
2. An iphone. Four out of five of us in the family have iphones. They are definitely a sign of the times. They have itunes libraries reflecting today’s music too.
3. My Obama victory magnet. It’s on the back of my car. I’m happy that he won reelection this year!
5. Camoflauge pants and combat boots to represent my stepson (20) who is now in the army, stationed at Ft. Drum NY. He is an infantry man. We are super proud of him for his sacrifice and service.
6. A Texas Tech flag and a Zeta Tau Alpha sign to represent our daughter (19) who is a ZTA at Texas Tech. She loves going to school there!
7. My son’s (8) last baby tooth in the front that finally fell out (the yellow one). It was yellow because when he was a toddler he fell down the stairs and whacked his face and mouth on the tile floor. It cut off blood supply to his tooth, so it turned yellow.
8. My husband’s business card. This is the year he made partner at his law firm. He also turned 40 this year (officially over the hill).
9. An Algebra 2 book because I’ve been studying it a lot this year. I’m a private math tutor, and I have kids everywhere from Pre-Algebra to Algebra 2 and in between. This year, I have lots of kids in Algebra 2 and have been enjoying working with them.
10. An electric guitar because this is the year I’ve been taking lessons consistently and finally learning more about music theory and writing solos.